Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh, you've gotta be kidding me - or - I thought it felt kind of hot down there...

Just got a notice from Chrylser. Here's my grossly paraphrased version:

Hey, Guys

Remember about a year ago when we told you that your car had been recalled because we discovered your seat heaters could accidentally get too hot and fry your huevos? Well, thanks for coming in and having us switch that out for you. But we just learned that the replacement parts we put in there can accidentally get so hot it might actually catch on fire. Now, that would be REALLY bad for your happy sacks so if you could just come on by right quick and let us work on your car for an hour and a half we need to switch those replacement parts out. KTHXBAI.

You have got to be kidding me, Chrysler. You are issuing a recall ON A RECALL?!?! Seriously?

As if I have time for these shenanigans. But, since I also don't have time for my car to catch fire (this happened to my mom once, and let me tell you it is not a fun thing) I suppose I'll suck it up and be visiting my local dealership soon. UGH.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NO WAY, that's crazy! Like you have time...