Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dos

My boy is two today. He is growing so fast. He is becoming the most amazing person. He inspires me. He is so sweet, considerate and sensitive. He loves so purely. I can't get over how awesome he is. I can't believe that God loves me that much, to trust me with such a precious heart.

When we were deciding on a name for him, I was in love with the name "Phoenix" and wanted to use it somehow. It was deeply meaningful to me - after all that I've been through in life, he is my Phoenix. He is new life, risen from a heap of ashes that only God could make beautiful.

I'm so thankful for it all...for my understanding, wonderful husband who loves God and honors Him with his life, for my precious son who radiates the purest human love I've ever known...I'm even thankful for my dogs who are sometimes a royal pain but are always full of unconditional love and devotion to their family. I'm so blessed. Even if God took it all away tomorrow, I'd like to believe that I'd still think I was the luckiest girl on earth to have everything I have today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Moose, I can't believe you are 2 already! Have a wonderful day.