Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So sink or swim, I'm diving in...

Our move has become more real. We spent our weekend on tour, Friday night we drove up to St. Joseph, MI where Rob & Christina's old church presented them with a farewell party. We met Rob & Christina for breakfast Saturday morning to talk about church plans and fill them in on our plans and timetable and hash out the vision of what we hope Process Church will become. (And yes, my blog title is a nod to our new venture). We are fired up like we just came home from an Obama rally. We're psyched, we're ready. Hubby is more actively looking for a job in the ATL area and I'm spending way too much time looking at houses online. We originally said we'd move a year from now, but neither of us is opposed to moving sooner if God paves the way.

I mentioned to Doug on Facebook that lately all my car radio plays is KLOVE since we now have a Repeater in the house. I'm too afraid to listen to anything else - I used to listen to 101.9 all the time but all I need is Meredith Brooks' "B!tch" to come on and then have Moose sing along. KLOVE is a good station though, and it's really been a pleasure to experience a worshipful attitude in the middle of traffic instead of getting fried.

With Steven Curtis Chapman's recent CD out, maybe they're pushing his music more than usual. I don't know. It's either that, or there's a message in the song that manages to play on the radio each time I'm in the car (the same song our music guy used in worship Sunday morning - coincidence?) that I'm supposed to "get". An excerpt:

My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me its time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in I'm going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush lost in the flow in over my head I want to go
The rivers deep the rivers wide the rivers water is alive
So sink or swim I'm diving in

And then Hubby found THE PERFECT job for him. The title, the salary, the responsibilities, everything he could ask for. 5 minutes away from the town we're moving to. This may be happening sooner than we anticipated, but we're ready to dive on in if it does!

3 comments:

Coupon Chris said...

I knew from the moment you mentioned Atlanta that you were moving. Just one of those things that when you hear it, you know it will happen even if the person talking about it is not sure yet.

I will miss you, even though we don't get together nearly enough. I am excited for your new adventure. I guess we need to have a knitting session ASAP.

Brandi said...

SCC has always spoken to my heart--especially that song (and Bring It On...don't pray that...it WILL happen). Being able to just sit and watch God do something SO big--I'm excited for you guys!!!! Hopefully soon you guys will be singing "Saddle up your horses" at the tops of your lungs :-)

Melanie said...

how exciting!

you will be in the kleimola family prayers.